Monday, April 16, 2012

A New Running Route Links Pasir Ris, YCK with Punggol Promenade

Puggol Waterway (full map in Npark) had just been launched as a icon of NorthEast eco-life style a few months ago. I'v explored Punggol Waterway part it last year end. And this time the seaside part were finally opened.


I started from my flat at Pasir Ris Dr3. Reached Lorong Halus Wetland at 2km mark and passed Serangoon river bridge at 2.4km.
There are two routes after the bridge. The left led to Punggol Promenade Riverside Walk and Serangoon PCN.
I followed right to Punggol Waterway. A few steps later there was another bridge, that led to seaside( my return route) and the other side of the bank. The Waterway runs along the canal that connects Sungei Serangoon and Sungei Punggol, total 4km.


Between 4.5km and 6km there was Punggol Waterway Park and a private resident under built. The geysers and waterfalls made running stereo, a whole new experience.




Before 7km mark there was a bridge right hand side led the seaside(Through Punggol PCN to Punggol Promenade Point Walk and Nature Walk). I turned left and soon reached Sungei Punggol, from where one could see Seleter North Link connecting with Pulau Punggol Timor.

The rest 3.5km PCN run along Sungei Punggol through Seng Kang Riverside Park, Seng Kang Sports and Recreation Center( between 8km and 9km mark), reached the end of the PCN at Yio Chu Kang Road.




Then turned back and crossed the canal, headed for seaside. Reached Seletar North Link at 15km mark, where I visited during last week my round island tour.

Around 300m away (after Punngol Marina Country Club) the PCN deviate from the river join to Punggol Seventeenth Ave, that misled me last week.  This time I turned left and it led me back to the river and 2km later I reached Punggol Point Park (17km mark).


And following 4km was the beautiful sea view with cozy red earth trail, could not be better.

At 21km mark I was back to Serangoon bridge to close the loop. The Punggol promenade loop added up to slightly less than 11km. I just wonder if it could be adopted as the 10km route of incoming Waterway Passion Active Run?

Overall, the route was scenic and full of new experiences. The draw back was very few toilet and refresh along the road. I only saw toilet and vending machine at Seng Kang SRC and Punggol Point Park. Of course, because it was newly build, the trees are not big enough to shade the sun.

1 comment:

  1. The Waterway Run 10k map did not include the Punggol natural walk part, so pitty...

    ReplyDelete